MBBS Admission in China, Fees, Admission Process

China is one of the most advanced and developed nations in the world. The country is doing great in the Education sector, and this is why students from various countries do MBBS admission in china. It is the most popular destination for students to get higher education. The universities in the nation are top ranked in the world.

Chine is nearest country to India with better medical facilities. Also the development and infrastructure of the nation attracts parents to send their wards for MBBS. The medical colleges and universities of China are approved by Medical Council of India, Ministry of Education, Chine and World Health organization.

However the success ratio of Indian students in MBBS at china is not good. But the Indian students after completing the MBBS are eligible for FMGE, USMLE and PLAB tests. It means they can practice medicines in the respective countries with the success in the tests conducted.

MBBS admission in China
MBBS admission in China

Why MBBS in China?

Every year millions of applicants give examination for medical entrance conducted by government. But only 2% of them get the admission. The other 98% applicants try their luck in private colleges or universities. The fee structure of the private colleges is much higher than the government university. The students are also left with the study programs in abroad. They can head to countries like China, Russia and many other countries.

In terms of cost, MBBS in china is considered as cost friendly Option. Also students have chance to apply for medical practice in other countries after completing the study program. Moreover China has top ranked universities in world which makes it first choice of students. The MCI has approved 45 universities to study medicine in China for Indian students. So the students are left with many choices for their study program. In addition, China prepare top ranked universities list yearly. It has many English medical universities too. Thus with the high choices, better future promises and cost efficient study programs, study MBBS in Chins is justified.

When to apply for MBBS admission in China?

The total seats for the foreign students in the approved universities are about 3.370. These seats are not only available for Indian students but also for other country students. So it is better to apply in the universities early. The admission in China for MBBS courses ends on June 15 in many universities. The overall admission ends by 1st July. The students can pre book their seats immediately with the results on NEET.

Eligibility for MBBS in China

Eligibility criteria for MBBS program in China are same for all international students. The Indian origin students can apply in the university after the NEET results declared. However the minimum aggregate marks for applying is different for various universities.

The applicants of MBBS in china must have 50% aggregate in the Physics, Chemistry and Biology with passing in higher school education in 10+2.

The minimum age of the applicant must be 17 years and maximum 26 years. The candidates must provide all the documents of their qualification with the application for study program. Documents like mark sheets, School Leaving certificate and more should be attached with the application.

Most important part of the eligibility is that the applicant must be NEET-UG qualified.

The candidates who have scored average marks in the higher school examination are eligible for the MBBS in Chine. However some universities in the country require 75% and more marks in high school exams. But overall the criteria for getting admission are simple. The candidates are selected on the basis of the document, marks and early applications.

Documents required for MBBS in China

Applicants are required to submit the academic documents including 10th, 12th Mark sheets, School leaving certificate and other documents listed below

  1. School Transfer Certificate
  2. No Criminal Record Certificate
  3. Medical Checkup certificate
  4. Application Form
  5. Passport copies

The documents of Passport copies and application form are mandatory for Indian students. These should be submitted in the Chinese Embassy.


The duration of MBBS study program in China is of 6 years. This program is divided into two parts. One party is the classroom education and the one year internship. However Indian students have advantages of studying MBBS admission in China. They can opt for 1 year internship after completing 5 years degree in China. Also the Indian students do not need to internship in India as their internship in china is valid. Also there are few approved universities in which students can drop internship as it is not necessary.

Leave a Comment